Friday, December 01, 2006

It's December~!

it's december!

i'm glad november is over. somehow i was never a november-ish person. like how it's almost the end of the year, but not quite. because with december comes parties and senseless celebrations i cannot participate in as long as i'm staying at home. bleh. but december always seems to fly by so quickly- first the birthday, then ihg trainings, then christmas the pOoF! a spanking brand new year! but this year perhaps my december will not feel so quick, least of all cuz this time i can honestly say that even if i do manage to crash yiling's trainings, it will be fun, fun, fun all the way. no pressure. but i'm just happy that it's one more month to go before i'm gainfully employed, even if the job is 'harrowing', as the Original Moo Moo has so delightfully described the profession.

i've been looking for the album, but who knows, the stupid cheena pok music store at vivocity not only NOT have any of their LPs, but the shop assistants didn't even know who Lifehouse is! Gee. so much for the best shopping experience space has to offer. ANYHOO.

what day is it
and in what month
this clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up
and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time

cause it's you and me and all of the people
with nothing to do
nothing to lose
and it's you and me and all of the people
and I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you

all of the things that I want to say
just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping inwards
you got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here

cause it's you and me and all of the people
with nothing to do
nothing to prove
and it's you and me and all of the people
and I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you

there's something about you now
I can't quite figure out
everything she does is beautiful
everything she does is right

you and me and all of the people
with nothing to do
nothing to lose
and it's you and me and all of the people
and I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you

you and me and all of the people
with nothing to do
nothing to prove
and it's you and me and all of the people
and I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you

what day is it
and in what month
this clock never seemed so alive

i've been hearing this song on and off, and recently saw the music video on mtv.. i thought the tune sounded really melancholy, but just realised that the lyrics are actually pretty sweet. what a nice surprise.

i'm so bored at home! time never seemed to crawl by at such a slow pace. but i was loathe to get a temp job, so i guess i don't really have the right to complain. i wonder if it's better to be donig a job that makes me unhappy, or bumming around for a month or two. i'm so lazy these days, i'm sure i've got hair growing from the soles of my feet. sigh. trouble is, everyone else is either working or having exams.

and now, it seems like my nice plans for the birthday is about to lie in tatters. oh sigh. whoever thought turning older would be so hard? bad mood. :(

On a more sombre note, today marks World AIDS day.. and no matter how they came to be infected, sometimes aren't we taking our health for granted, when there are others out there who cannot live without daily medication? as the cliche goes, health is wealth, no? so take care of yourselves, especially those of you struggling to get thru the exam period, and keep healthy yah?