Saturday, September 09, 2006

A beautiful mind

On the way to work this morning, i saw the trees wearing lush, green necklaces. Sho pretty.

I used to be really scared of trees; i still am. When i was young, my maid used to tell me horror stories about little people living in big, big trees and preying on innocents foolish enough to wander around after dark. Hmmm. Sounds pretty lame now, but at that time i suppose it really terrified me, coward that i am when it comes to the supernatural. And all those stories about things on trees that stare down at you when you go to those ulu places to camp. And there's something really eerie about those types of trees with all the branches hangling down, especially weeping willows. Makes me feel like they're trying to grab me as i walk under.

An old woman grabbed me yesterday at Bishan! Went to Junction 8 to get some last minute stuff for my messy messy hair (but of course murphy's law says thou shalt not findst what thou needst urgently when shopping), and there was this old lady outside the shopping mall selling tissues. Do i look like an avid tissue-buyer-from-vagrants-on-the-streets to you? Actually i am. But i was really really in a rush- which turned out to be in vain, by the way, cuz Big Serene, Leong & Jieming were ALL late- and stuffing 4 packets of tissue into my already-burgeoning bag was definitely not n option. AND SHE GRABBED ME!

Contrary to popular belief (hardee hardee har har) I hate it when strangers touch me. I really, really, REALLY hate it. I hate it when people brush past you in Orchard road, or any other road for that matter. I hate it when people bump into me. I hate it when there's any form of physical contact between me and people i don't know. Uglygitis might be contagious.

Perhaps it's best to live your life with no apologies. Not justifying your choices to anyone. Not explaining yourself to people. Never compromising on what you want, and going for it all out. Maybe if i do that more often, i'll find life more interesting. But what happens to the people you might hurt in the process? Tell them to suck it up.

If i had to wear only one type of footwear for the rest of my life, i'll choose wedges. They're pretty, comfortable, and pretty. And pretty. They let me see my toes, which have not seen daylight for many, many weeks now; welcome back toes! But even this indugence extends to weekends. BUT. I'm loving my virgin pair of wedges; pretty black comfy shoes i love you so much.

And dresses. HanNy loves dresses. And Joo Ji Hoon.

HEE.