Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Chasing Cars

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes

They're all I can see
I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things
Will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Went back for Command '07. and felt an emotion best described as weird. not so much weird per se as that empty feeling asking myself why am i here? to see yiling posing, immobile, trying to look sultry in her skimpy top and itsy bitsy shorts. to see small serene going around asking people to join the fellowship of the ring. to see that there are so many new faces, and be pleasantly surprised that there were quite a few old faces in the crowd as well. or old faces with unknown faces. ok i'm starting to sound stupid. haha but maybe at the end of the day, the realisation that our time has passed as far as KR is concerned is not what made me feel empty inside. it was something i saw. i know it's none of my business, but it somehow disturbed me.

Giving up a possible career advancement for the sake of a relationship sounds impossibly sweet. and yet when i heard it, and later confirmed it, i felt breathless. Breathless with the gravity of it, breathless that someone would actually make a decision like that. in the end, it hung around me like a guilty odour, reminding me how unworthy i am. the pressure of it made me gasp. it's true, i'm commitment-phobic. i shall not think about it. i refuse to think about it. but thank you, nevertheless. how humbling. but sho scary! ok breathe.

I tried to copy over the pics in my camera onto the laptop, i swear, but the camera died. so now i have to wait for the next flash of diligence (?) before i get picasa-happy. ya. so that's my excuse.

Finally signed up for yoga! *happy* :)